- A high school junior, senior, or graduate/GED
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) participant, or resident of HACB or RACB property in good standing
- Attending or plan to attend any post-secondary school
- Applicants must have a cumulative QPA of 2.5 or greater
- Selection criteria will consist of an essay, academic references, and extracurricular activities
- Application must be completed in its entirety
CONTACT MARA FLICK IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR 2022 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM!!!
2021 Annual Scholarship Luncheon
The Housing Authority of the County of Butler’s Twenty Seventh Annual Scholarship Luncheon was held at the YWCA, 120 W Cunningham St, Butler, PA 16001 on August 9, 2021.
The scholarships are designed to recognize and encourage participants of the Housing Authority’s many programs to pursue higher education and achieve economic independence. The focus of the scholarship award is to provide financial assistance in areas not commonly included in the student’s financial aid package such as meals, supplies, transportation costs, day care expenses, books, lab fees, and/or summer school classes.
This year the Housing Authority of the County of Butler program participants will receive seven awards totaling $5,000.
Dollar Bank $1000 Ameela Boyd
Mars National Bank $1000 Damian Gurner
PNC $1000 Damian Gurner
A-Tech $500 Ameela Boyd
Armstrong/Jud Sedwick $500 Ameela Boyd
NexTier $500 Ameela Boyd
Stepanian & Menchyk, LLP $500 Ameela Boyd
The Housing Authority would like to thank all community partners for their generous support of the scholarship program. To date, the Housing Authority has awarded over $132,000 to scholarship recipients.