March 14, 2023
114 Woody Drive
Butler, PA 16001
S.H.O.P. (Supported Housing Opportunity Program) Class
Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Participants should bring a completed Housing Counseling Application to class.
The Supported Housing Opportunity Program is a collaborative effort between the Housing Authority of the County of Butler and the Butler County Local Housing Options Team. This unique program will offer participants the opportunity to secure safe and affordable housing from a respected landlord, while also learning basic financial literacy and asset protection.
Participants will set up a savings account, which can be matched ($250 - $500). Plus transitional homeless participants can earn up to 100 “impact” points during the program, which can be cashed in upon completion of the program and used toward moving costs to assist in locating perm anent safe, secure and sanitary housing.
- Possess all of the necessary paperwork to complete a rental application.
- Have a credit report/score review.
- Have a criminal background check (with explanation).
- Have six (6) months of passed apartment inspections.
- Proved rent receipts for six (6) months.
- Three references.
- A minimum of four (4) hours of housing counseling and budgeting classes.